‘Give Back with giffgaff May 2021 Promotion’ on the Capital Network and Capital XTRA, May 2021 – Specific Rules.
1. The ‘Give Back with giffgaff May 2021 Promotion’ (‘Promotion’) is organised by Global (as defined in the General Terms and Conditions). The Promotion will run from Saturday 1st May 2021 to Monday 31st May 2021 on the Capital Network and Capital XTRA.
2. IMPORTANT: The Promotion is subject to these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions which are available here. Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions.
Details of the Promotion:
3. To enter the Promotion, you must go online to the Promotion entry page at www.capitalfm.com/win or www.capitalxtra.com/win and register your details. You must nominate a registered charity and explain why you believe your nominated charity should win £500. Entry will be via a free text box in the Promotion entry form with a 300-character limit.
4. You must also share the URL website link or public profile for your nominated registered charity in the text box within the Promotion entry form.
5. Entrants can either be:
5.1 Members of the public who want to nominate a registered charity which they like and support, or
5.2 A registered charity employee/ volunteer who is nominating their own charity they are associated with.
6. Online entry will open at 00:01 on Saturday 1st May 2021 and close at 23:59 on Monday 31st May 2021. Entries received before or after this time will not be included in the Promotion.
7. Individual Entrants will only have the chance to win £500 for their nominated registered charity, and x1 SIM Free iPhone 12 64GB mobile handset for themselves if they are selected as the winning Entrant.
8. Within 7 days of the closing date of the Promotion, all eligible entries will be entered into a draw. One eligible entry will be selected at random and the winning entrant will be contacted by one of our representatives via email or telephone on the telephone number on which they entered. If such winner does not respond within 14 days from being contacted, they will forfeit their right to the prize and we shall be entitled to select another winner by another random draw. That subsequent winner must respond to the notification email within 14 days of the date on which they are notified, or they will also forfeit the prize.
9. Upon response from the confirmed winning entrant, the registered charity nominated by the winning entrant will be contacted via telephone or email by a representative of Global from contact details found via the online presence of the said registered charity within 7 working days.
10. If we are unable to make contact with the winning registered charity within 14 days of attempting, or we are unable to verify their legitimacy as a registered charity as per points 14, 15, 16 and 17 they will forfeit the prize money and we will request that the winning Entrant nominates another registered charity.
12. We and giffgaff may publish and publicise your name and your nearest geographical location (for example, your nearest city, town or county) and your entry, and we may refer to your association with the Promotion and/or the prize, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes solely in connection with the Promotion.
13. In relation to winners (and runners up if applicable), you understand that we and giffgaff may: (i) interview you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) which we may film, photograph and/or record and; (ii) film, photograph and/or record, you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) in connection with the Promotion, either by telephone or in person, and we may use such films, recordings and/or photographs for publicity and PR purposes in any and all media, worldwide, as often and for as long as we consider appropriate or desirable, in connection with the Promotion. We may also publish your and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture.
Eligibility criteria for a nominated charity:
14. The nominated registered charity must provide a registered charity number to verify their legitimacy.
15. The nominated registered charity must be based within the United Kingdom. Any based outside of the UK will not be eligible, and the entry will be invalid.
16. The nominated registered charity must have a website or public domain/ profile to verify their legitimacy and contact details i.e. via a public domain, website or a verified social media account.
17. The nominated registered charity must be honest, lawful and decent.
Offensive/ inappropriate entries will be excluded from the Promotion at the discretion of Global.
Eligibility of individual entrants:
18. The Promotion is only open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over, and who are based in the UK at the time of entry.
19. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Promotion.
20. Winners from previous Competition bursts of ‘Give Back with giffgaff’ are excluded from winning again.
21. 1 x winning entrant will receive 1x SIM Free iPhone 12 64GB mobile phone handset. The winning entrant’s nominated registered charity will receive £500 cash paid directly to the charity via bank transfer upon confirmation of their verified details.
Prize terms and conditions
22. NDL is the Prize Provider for the winning Entrants SIM Free iPhone 12 64GB mobile phone handset.
23. Should this product be unavailable at the time of purchase for the winning entrant, the NDL Group reserves the right to substitute with an alternative of equal or greater value. Specifications are subject to change from the manufacturer without notice.
24. This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administrated by or associated with Apple.
25. The winning entrants prize will be delivered within 28 working days from the date that NDL receives confirmation of the delivery address from the winning entrant. NDL will do their best to adhere to these time frames, however due to the uncertainty around the full impact of the Coronavirus, there may be delays with stock availability and deliveries.
26. The nominated charity of the winning entrant will be contacted by a representative of Global to confirm their details for the £500 cash prize. The cash prize will be paid by BACS transfer to the nominated charity’s bank account upon proof of eligibility and acceptance of the promotion terms and conditions as per the details outlined above in points 11, 14, 15, 16 and 17.
27. We will endeavour to transfer the prize money to the winning registered charity’s bank account within 28 days but are not responsible for any delays. If they provide their details on any other day, we will aim to initiate the transfer of funds the next working day after those details are received by us. They must provide all necessary details via the method directed within 14 days after the original request to do so otherwise the prize will be forfeited in our discretion.
28. Any other costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the prize description are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
29. The prize is non-transferable.
30. We reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
31. For all enquiries in connection with the Promotion please contact our customer support team at https://global.com/contact/ .
32. Your personal data, will be collected and processed by us, our licensees (including Communicorp UK Limited and Quidem Limited), giffgaff as well as the prize providers, and if applicable, our service providers, network operators and suppliers in order to administer and fulfil the Promotion. Your personal data may also be disclosed to the Phone-paid Services Authority, Ofcom and/or the Advertising Standards Authority at their reasonable request for regulatory purposes, for example, in order to prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and comply with law enforcement agencies and applicable advertising codes.
33. We may hold your personal data for a period of 2 years in order to comply with our regulatory obligations.
35. We, the Promotion Partners and the prize providers may transfer and process personal data outside of the EEA and UK for the purposes of administering the Promotion.
37. You may request the removal of your personal details from our database by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of a Promotion, you will forfeit your right to enter the Promotion and/or claim any prize and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.
38. If you are required to submit a guest(s)/travel companion(s) personal data to enter a Promotion, you must ensure that your guest(s)/travel companion(s) have given you consent to provide us with their personal data.