Give Back with giffgaff Burst 3 Competition’ on Capital Network and Capital XTRA: Monday 1st February 2021 to Sunday 28thFebruary 2021
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at https://www.capitalfm.com/terms-conditions/competition/ ; https://www.capitalxtra.com/terms-conditions/competition/ ) (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions) apply to the ‘Give Back with giffgaff Burst 3 Competition’ (the “Competition") which will run from Monday 1st February 2021 to Sunday 28th February 2021 on the Capital Network and Capital XTRA (the “Radio Stations”).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. To enter the Competition an Entrant must go online to the Competition entry page at www.capitalfm.com or www.capitalxtra.com and register their details.
4. Online entry will open at 00:01 on Monday 1st February 2021 and close at 23:59 on Sunday 28th February 2021.
5. Entrants must go to the ‘Give Back with giffgaff’ Competition page on either www.capitalfm.com or www.capitalxtra.com to nominate a registered charity and explain why they believe their nominated charity should win £500. This will be via a free text box in the Competition entry form with a 300-character limit.
6. Entrants must also share the URL website link or public profile for their nominated registered charity in the text box within the Competition entry form.
Entrants can either be:
6.1 Members of the public who want to nominate a registered charity which they like and support, or
6.2 A registered charity employee/ volunteer who is nominating their own charity they are associated with
7. After the close of the Competition, one winning Entrant will be randomly selected from all eligible entries across the Capital Network and Capital XTRA.
8. The winning Entrant will be contacted by telephone and/or email by a representative of Global within 21 working days of the Competition closing and told they have won.
What type of community project or charity can be nominated?
9. The nominated registered charity must be based within the United Kingdom. Any based outside of the UK will not be eligible, and the entry will be invalid.
10. The nominated registered charity must have a website or public profile to verify their legitimacy and contact details i.e. via a website or a verified social media account.
11. The nominated registered charity must be honest, lawful and decent.
12. Offensive/ inappropriate entries will be excluded from the Competition at the discretion of Global.
Eligibility of individual Entrants who are nominating a registered charity:
13. Entrants must be aged 18 years old or over.
14. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Competition.
15. Individual Entrants will only have the chance to win £500 for their nominated charity and £500 for themselves if they are selected as the winning Entrant.
16. Winners from previous Competition bursts of ‘Give Back with giffgaff’ are excluded from winning again.
Eligibility of registered charity Entrants:
18. The registered charity will be asked to provide a registered charity number to verify their legitimacy for the nomination.
Winner selection stage
19. 1 x winning Entrant will receive:
19.1 £500 bank transfer
19.2 £500 bank transfer to their nominated registered charity fulfilled by Global on their behalf
Prize Terms and Conditions:
20. All individual and registered charity Entrants who have nominated a registered charity to enter this Competition will be entered into a random prize draw to win £500 for themselves and £500 for their nominated registered charity.
21. One winning Entrant will be chosen at random from all eligible entries and contacted via telephone by a representative of Global within 21 working days of the Competition closing date and notified that they have won the Competition.
22. The winning registered charity nominated by the winning Entrant will be contacted via telephone or email by a representative of Global from contact details found via the online presence of the said registered charity within 21 working days of the Competition closing date.
23. If we are unable to make contact with the winning registered charity within 21 days of attempting or we are unable to verify their legitimacy as a registered charity, they will forfeit the prize money and we will request that the winning Entrant nominates another registered charity.
24. The winning Entrant will also be contacted by a representative of Global to confirm their contact details for the £500 cash prize. The cash prize will be paid by BACS transfer to the winning Entrant’s bank account.
25. All prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a suitable alternative prize at its absolute discretion.
26. The Promoter is Global Radio Services Ltd (registered company: 03296557). The Promoter’s address is 30 Leicester Square, London WC2H 7LA.
27. Your personal data will be collected and processed by us, our licensees (including Communicorp UK Limited, Adventure Radio Limited and Quidem Limited), as well as the prize providers, and if applicable, our service providers, network operators and suppliers in order to administer and fulfil the Competition. Your personal data may also be disclosed to the Phone-paid Services Authority, Ofcom or the Advertising Standards Authority at their reasonable request for regulatory purposes, for example, in order to prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and comply with law enforcement agencies.
28. We may hold your personal data for a period of 2 years in order to comply with our regulatory obligations.
29. You will be asked if you want to opt-in to marketing when you enter the Competition. If you choose to opt-in, we will use your personal data for marketing purposes.
30. We, our competition partners and the prize providers may transfer and process personal data outside of the EEA for the purposes of administering the Competition.
32. You may remove your personal details from our database by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of a Competition, you will forfeit your right to claim any prize and we will select an alternative winner.
If you are required to submit someone else’s personal data to enter a Competition and/or claim a prize, you must ensure that they have given you consent to provide us with their personal data.